Many are blaming Obama, and he hasn’t shied away from the blame. By having high gas prices the Obama administration think they can get the American public to buy into electric vehicles and alternative fuel sources.
DOE is working to promote alternatives such as biofuels and electric vehicles, Chu told House appropriators during a hearing on DOE’s budget.
The problem is that Obama is faking the high gas prices. They don’t have to be this high, and he doesn’t have to get the American public to buy into the “green” economy and “energy independence”. As the commander-in-chief, Obama can make the Department of Defense (DoD) focus on getting the military on alternative energy sources. As the largest oil consumer in the world, the DoD is the perfect player for funding the development of alternative fuels and renewable energy sources.
Below I will review four factors that influence high gas prices:
Obama could mandate the DoD to consolidate it’s budget to completely focus on how to get it off oil using alternative fuels and renewable energy technology. If Obama were serious about getting America into a green economy, this is where he should start.
By allowing the Federal Reserve to go unchecked with creating more debt-backed dollars, Obama and the congress are responsible for the devaluation of the currency. This is one of the biggest contributors to the increase in gas prices. Oil isn’t getting worth more, it’s just that the dollar is worth less. If congress took back the power of money generation, and changed from a debt-backed currency to Kilowatt hour backed currency, the dollar would regain strength, and we would purge the world of the parasitic private banks.
Speculation of oil prices based on rumors of war and the growing demand from emerging markets. Our domestic oil production is the highest it’s been in 8 years (yes, that means Bush made less US oil than Obama). If you wants to point fingers, look no further than Goldman Sachs. Congress bares the responsibility of Wall Street Fraud. Darrell Issa and Michele Bachmann are working for the oil speculators by slowing down the rule enforcement of Dodd-Frank which is supposed to punish oil speculation. Obama should call them out specifically, and let the American people know that Darrell Issa and Michele Bachmann don’t represent the people, but they represent Goldman Sachs. Unfortunately, Obama also represents Goldman Sachs.
Emerging markets demand has doubled world oil consumption in five years. To meet rising demand from emerging markets, Petrobas plans to increase production to 3 million barrels a day by 2015.
Emerging markets include countries that account for a majority of the Earth’s human population. If they demand oil at the same rate per capita as the US, nobody will be able to afford it.
The Bottom Line
You can see with these four issues Obama could influence the high gas prices by doing the following:
- Getting the military off oil for energy
- Lead the idea of getting off of debt-backed currency that devalues over time
- Punish oil speculators that increase the cost of oil at the expense of society
- Join with the emerging markets to develop renewable sources of energy in order to allow the United States to ween itself painlessly.
The American people can have cheap gas while the green energy economy is inclubated by the DoD and DoE until it’s ready for civilian consumption.
Videos about high gas prices:
According the John Edwards policy on the environment I found a snippet that sounded just like what I have been proposing from the beginning. Check it out: SOURCE
- Open the Electricity Grids to Distributed and Renewable Generation: Traditionally, electricity has been produced at large, central power plants and transmitted through miles of power lines. Distributed generation of electricity promises reliable, clean, cost-effective production that is less vulnerable to natural disasters and attacks. Farms, factories, schools, and communities ought to be able to establish their own power sources and compete with traditional plants to sell wholesale capacity, as New England has pioneered. [DOE, 2000; New England ISO, 2006]To open up the grid to innovation, Edwards will:
- Create Millions of Local Sources of Renewable Energy: Edwards will provide up to a $5,000 tax credit for homes and small businesses that invest in onsite generation of renewable energy like solar, wind, and geothermal power. He will also encourage local generation of renewable energy through “net metering,” which allows families to sell extra power back to utilities for credits against their electricity bills.
- Encourage Distributed Generation: Edwards will cut the red tape that hinders new energy producers from selling their power to the grid. He will require utilities to consider distributed generation as a means of lowering costs compared to new investments in centralized production and transmission.
- Research the Next Generation of Small Scale Renewable Energy: Edwards will invest in researching more profitable sources of renewable energy generation. For example, biomass engines producing both heat and power that can be three times more efficient than traditional distribution. [Hill, 2001]
It seems that John Edwards has been keeping up with the WorldChanging crowd. Green means money and sustainability. GO GREEN!
Barbara Boxer, Democratic senator from California has risen to the top green job in the nation. Thank goodness that she replaces the ignorant predecessors. Now the government will start to do something about our impact on the environment. I just hope they can do so in a way to benefit green entrepreneurs. Environmental revitalization holds a goldmine of an opportunity for entrepreneurs to boost the economy with new jobs based on cleaning up our act. The government’s role is crucial in that it must set the tone and encourage green entrepreneurs to flourish.